You are hereHome ›
Reader to Reader, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) public charity dedicated to bringing books, free of charge, to under-resourced school libraries and public libraries across the United States.
Fact: 60% of underprivileged children do not own a single book. This makes a well-stocked school library a critical resource hub that is a necessity not a luxury.
Who We Serve
Reader to Reader serves the nation’s poorest communities, including inner-city schools, Native American Reservations, and poor rural towns, where the need for books is acute.
- Over $50 million dollars worth of books and computers donated and counting!
- Over 2 million books and computers shipped to rebuild school libraries devastated by Hurricane Katrina, Hurricane Sandy, and for other disasters, including tornado relief, and arson.
- Over $3.5 million dollars worth of books, computers and school supplies shipped to the Navajo Nation, Hopi Nation, Red Lake Lake Nation, Fort Berthold Indian Reservation, and other areas serving Native peoples.
- Over 600 under-resourced schools across the US have received books from the Reader to Reader Book Donation Program.
- Major initiatives in Bridgeport, Connecticut; Louisiana, rural Mississippi, Detroit, Michigan; Massachusetts; Maine; the Navajo Reservation; and Compton, California.
- Rural community library initiatives in Mississippi, New Mexico and Texas.
- All books provided completely free of charge, including shipping.
- Over 1,200 students across the United States participate in our Read, Think, Share mentoring program.
- Computer labs built on the Navajo Reservation, western Massachusetts, Costa Rica, Ghana, Nicaragua, Trinidad & Tobago and Kosovo.
- Family Literacy Programs for immigrant parents and teen mothers in Holyoke and Springfield, Massachusetts.
- Blueprint for Success Program brings college test prep and essay writing workshops to low-income students in Massachusetts, Arizona and New Mexico.
- We continue to supply books, computers, e-readers, and school supplies to projects serving 16 countries!